On behalf of the staff at McCoy Elementary School, I am happy to welcome you to the 2022-2023 school year!
We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our children can achieve their highest potential. We recognize that in order to be successful in school, our children need support from both the home and school. We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s success and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
- Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day’s learning experience
- Completes all homework assignments given by teachers
- Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
- Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
- Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject
- Knows that you support him/her to succeed in school
Please consider joining our school volunteer program as our students can greatly benefit from your involvement and contributions to the school community.
Please see the 2022-23 McCoy Parent Student Handbook (located on the McCoy Webpage) and review school rules with your child. If you have any questions about the rules and expectations, please feel free to contact me or to discuss them with your child’s teacher. It is very important that you and your child are fully informed regarding standards related to appropriate behavior for a safe and productive school year. The wonderful McCoy staff and I feel privileged to be a part of this school family. We thank you for your support and look forward to meeting with you throughout the year.